Re: PHPNuke license

la, 08-03-2003 kello 00:09, David Turner kirjoitti:
> It seems to me that there's a lot of stuff that you would want that
> gateway to strip or abbreviate.  You would want to cut all copyright
> notices.

Assuming you would want to, how would you? There is no standard format
for copyright notices, and heuristics and fuzzy pattern matching would
cut out too much, especially given the existence of many languages.
(That's one reason why the service, as actually implemented, didn't do
that. I'm the one who implemented it, so I should know. It only stripped
out HTML markup.)

(This is probably irrelevant to the discussion at hand, but I wished to
clarify things and defend a former project of mine.)