Re: PHPNuke license

Scripsit David Turner <novalis@gnu.org>

> The major change is section (2)(d), which says, in short, "If the
> program has quine-like functionality to give you a link to the running
> source code, you can't remove it."

I sincerely hope that the FSF is not contemplating to add such a
clause to the GPL. It would mean that one couldn't modify such a
program such that it didn't talk to the net anymore (instead offering
its services exclusively on the command line, or whatever).

Henning Makholm                          "We can build reactors, we can melt
                                     ice. Or engineers can be sent north for
                               re-education until they *do* understand ice."