Re: PHPNuke license

Scripsit David Turner <novalis@gnu.org>

> The major change is section (2)(d), which says, in short, "If the
> program has quine-like functionality to give you a link to the running
> source code, you can't remove it."

I sincerely hope that the FSF is not contemplating to add such a
clause to the GPL. It would mean that one couldn't modify such a
program such that it didn't talk to the net anymore (instead offering
its services exclusively on the command line, or whatever).

--
Henning Makholm                          "We can build reactors, we can melt
                                     ice. Or engineers can be sent north for