Re: PHPNuke license

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:37:10PM -0500, Don Armstrong wrote:
> I've been thinking a bit about this license and 2c in general. I'm not
> particularly happy about 2c because it restricts the ability of
> programs to be used in specific ways. I can't yet codify what I feel
> is wrong with it, and what I would do to change it, but I hope to be
> able to do so in a few days.

Just FYI, I share your feelings.  I think 2c is the worst wart on the
GNU GPL.

Unfortunately, I strongly suspect the FSF is interested in having more
warts like this in GNU GPL v3, not fewer.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     complicated way only to be able to