Re: PHPNuke license

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:06:12PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Nobody, including the FSF, defines object form as "not the preferred form
> for modification."  Just because the source code IS that format does not
> bean that everything that is not source code is object code.

Can you remind me of the advantages of NOT interpreting as "object form"
as "any form other than the preferred form for modification"?

This simple approach appeals to me, not least because it makes the GNU
GPL more easily applicable to things that aren't software:

source form = preferred form for modification of the Work
object form = any other form of the Work

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Good judgement comes from
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     experience; experience comes from