Re: Endorsements

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 16:41, Walter Landry wrote:
> Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org> wrote:
> > I think you're confusing the statement about the endorsements with the
> > endorsements themselves.
>
> I wrote it that way because I wanted it to be a "copyright notice and
> disclaimer of warranty", not an endorsement per se.

Oh, I see.  My bad.

> Calling this a part of the copyright notice doesn't make it so.

Why not?  It's certainly relevant to the copyright to note the existence
of endorsements, especially if the copyright license mentions them.  I
can understand you not liking the particular wording I chose, but making
a statement about endorsements in a copyright notice does not seem
inappropriate.