Re: PornView suspected to have stolen lots of code from GImageView

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:42:08AM -0800, Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> wrote...

> The pornview author has already made a new release that fixes the
> copyright violations and also notified me of this problem with the
> version currently in Debian.

Good. Then I see no reason to pull pornview, as long as the new version
fixing the issue is uploaded in the not too distant future (No pressure
ment, we are not in freeze :-)

# Modifiying variable names and such is certainly a right under the GPL
# but one would have to question it's ethics wheter it is done with
# the goal to obfuscate the fact of omitting copyright notices
## but then, it looks like this author did not do it with malicious
## intentions, just that he had not tought it out

Case setteled, I'd say.

--
	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF