Re: PornView suspected to have stolen lots of code from GImageView

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:42:08AM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> "Oliver M. Bolzer" <oliver@gol.com> writes:
> > GImageView's author's diary pages lists some of the
> > suspicious files and changes (the page is in Japanese)
> > http://www.homa.ne.jp/~ashie/diary/?200212b&to=200212122#200212122
> >
> > According to this diary, after being confronted, the author of pornview
> > stopped providing his development version and CVS access.

If you read the Mr. Takuo Ashie's latest page, he also states this
problem has been resolved. (as of  Sat Dec 14 09:31:30 PST 2002)

He has a comment there "being code stolen is nothing wrong since it is
the whole purpose of making it GPL in some way, but copyright vioration
was the issue...."

> > We should pull pornview from the archives until a version is released
> > that adresses this issue, either by removing the problematic code or
> > until the proper copyright notices are restored.
>
> The pornview author has already made a new release that fixes the
> copyright violations and also notified me of this problem with the
> version currently in Debian.

Good :)
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract