Re: ldp-es_20002103-7_i386.changes REJECTED

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>:

> There's a school of thought that says that an old free licence *can*
> be retracted in common-law countries, because of the "consideration
> theory" which basically says that unilateral promises cannot be
> enforced against the person making the promise.

I have heard of this principle in the context of contract law, but a
licence isn't a contract. Also, I find the idea of a licence being
enforced against the licencer somewhat odd. It's not as if the
recipient of a free licence would try to sue the licenser.

Edmund