Re: Regarding linux-kernel-conf and Qt

Scripsit Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org>

> Congratulations on making the front page of Slashdot.

It seems that you're referring to
<http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/02/10/12/1926242.shtml?tid=106>
but I don't see any comments about Qt licensing there.

> Since Debian was one of the prime movers behind the anti-Qt movement
> in the past, I feel that we should respond to this.

What? If there ever was a "anti-Qt movement", Debian has certainly not
been a "prime mover" behind it. Debian has simply refrained from
distributing some programs which had code covered by the GPL yet
linked to Qt at a time where distributing such programs would have
been illegal. That's not being "anti-Qt" in any way, it's just abiding
to the license terms of the involved code.

--
Henning Makholm               "Monarki, er ikke noget materielt ... Borger!"