Re: TeX Licenses & teTeX (Was: Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia)

Boris Veytsman <borisv@lk.net> writes:

> TeX and LaTeX are not just great programs. They are also document
> exchange programs. I need to know that TeX on my installation is the
> same as TeX on the e-print server or on my publisher's machine.

Sure!

But why do you need that the TeX that John Doe uses is the same as
yours?

Why do you need to insist that if John Doe and Jane Froe exchange a
document, and call it "tex format", that they must be legally
obligated to be using the same exchange mechanism as you?

Thomas