requirements on distributing source (was: GNU FDL 1.2 draft comment summary posted, and RFD)

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 03:18:22PM +1200, Nick Phillips wrote:
> Fair enough. Would offering students the facility to copy source onto CD
> at the time of distribution be enough for you, or are you heading for the
> GPL's "3 years"?

I hadn't thought deeply on this yet.  I'd like something GPL compatible
for this requirement, since I'm not crazy about another "suspension in
the case of mixing with GPLed work" clause.

In other words, we can be more lax than the GPL on source distribution,
but we cannot be stricter without a suspension clause.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The noble soul has reverence for
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      itself.