Mplayer again.

Hello,
 I was just about to send packages for uploading, when one more issue
 about mplayer's sources creeped up, one file seems to bee a bit
 controversial on licence side ( divx_vbr.c, included later in this
 mail).

 Since then, I've located way around it: "Michael Niedermayer
 implemented a two-pass mode directly into libavcodec".

What are my options now?
- can I remove this file in debian-patch? i.e. it would be it
 .orig.tar.gz, and get removed in diff, or do I need fix upstream first?

Also, how problematic is what we have here?

 /*
  *  divx4_vbr.c
  *
  *  Copyright (C) Thomas streich - June 2001
  *
  *  2-pass code OpenDivX port:
  *  Copyright (C) 2001 Christoph Lampert <gruel@gmx.de>
  *
  *  This file is part of transcode, a linux video stream
  *  processing tool
  *
  *  transcode is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
  *  modify
  *  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
  *  published by
  *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at
  *  your option)
  *  any later version.
  *
  *  transcode is distributed in the hope that it will be
  *  useful,
  *  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
  *  warranty of
  *  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
  *  See the
  *  GNU General Public License for more details.
  *
  *  You should have received a copy of the GNU
  *  General Public License
  *  along with GNU Make; see the file COPYING.  If
  *  not, write to
  *  the Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave,
  *  Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
  *
  */

 /**********************************************************
  *                Two-pass-code from OpenDivX
  *                *
  *                                                        *
  *  Large parts of this code were taken from
  *  VbrControl() *
  *  from the OpenDivX project, (C)
  *  divxnetworks,          *
  *  this code is published under DivX Open
  *  license, which *
  *  can be found... somewhere... oh,
  *  whatever...          *

 --