Re: [Steve Lidie <Stephen.O.Lidie@Lehigh.EDU>] Re: xodometer licensing

(I'd trim the CC list but it looks like it was intended to be this
long; go figure...)

On Feb 25, Sam TH wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 01:55:15PM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> > Whoah whoah.
> >
> >      10.Example Licenses
> >
> >           The "GPL", "BSD", and "Artistic" licenses are examples of licenses
> >           that we consider "free".
> >

> > Say again?
>
> In that case, I guess Artistic is acceptable.  But that is
> unfortunate, given that this means that we have diverged from the FSF
> analysis, something that I don't think we do elsewhere.  I'll look
> through the mailing list archives.

May I suggest that we get this author to adopt the Clarified Artistic
License, which everyone agrees IS free and furthermore is
GPL-compatible... see ncftp for a copy if you haven't seen it.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Doctoral Student, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5949