[Steve Lidie <Stephen.O.Lidie@Lehigh.EDU>] Re: xodometer licensing
I recieved this response from the author about what he permits us to
distribute xodo under. Is this statement sufficient as copying terms
if placed into the debian/copyright file?
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Aaron Lehmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: xodometer licensing
- From: Steve Lidie <Stephen.O.Lidie@Lehigh.EDU>
- Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 13:41:53 -0500
- Message-id: <3A9951EE.53D39EE2@lehigh.edu>
- References: <20010224120434.A17050@vitelus.com>
Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> The Debian GNU/Linux distribution would like to distribute xodometer,
> but it cannot do so without an explicit license. Most packages are
> licensed under stock licenses such as the GNU GPL or the BSD license,
> but I could not find one in xodometer. Could you please clarify the
> licensing terms so it is possible to distribute xodometer? A statement
> that xodometer may be used, modified, and distributed by anyone for
> any purpose would be sufficient, but you are free to pick more
> restrictive terms if you so choose.
I usually use Perl's Artistic License, if that's OK. Else, the GNU
license is OK. Is that enough for you?
--- End Message ---