Re: LICENSE of Adobe CMap files.

[ I'm not subscribed to this list, so please Cc: me. Thanks. ]

At 28 Nov 2000 15:25:30 +0100,
Henning Makholm wrote:

> Scripsit Yasuhiro TAKE <take@debian.org>
>
> > Well, i've heard that according to the International Copyright Law(or
> > something like that), nothing is permitted unless explicitly declared
> > as permitted in a license.
>
> This rule of thumb only holds for actions that are actually protected.
> Mere use of data is not protected and needs no permission (unless the
> particular use can *also* be construed copying, that is).

Hmm. I see. Perhaps i was too much worried and suspective about the
license. I'll announce ITP of cmap-files at debian-devel soon.
If the ITP was rejected due to the license problem,

At Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:55:13 +0000 (GMT),
Jimmy O'Regan wrote:

> > Is there any volunteer who writes an e-mail to Adobe instead of me?
>
> If you send me an e-mail address, I'll do it for you.

I'll ask you to write the e-mail instead of me in that case.

Thanks to you all about the information and the offer.

--
Yasuhiro TAKE <take@debian.org> / Debian Project

	"I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all."