Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 23:26:54 +1100
From: Horst Herb <hherb@malleenet.net.au>
To: gnumed-devel <gnumed-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: oss <oss@medicineau.net.au>
Subject: wxWindows and OpenSSL

I stil have a problem substituting openssl (http://www.openssl.org):
according to the "GNU priests", its license is incompatible with the GPL.
What shall we do? The only GPL'd substitute is early alpha and probably not
ready when GNUMed will be. Most of the cryptographic functions would be
available as GPL code though, and we could write our own ssl library.
Opinions? The options are either to ignore the licensing incompatibility or
follow the "right path".

In my opinion, the GPL is the only way to enforce open sourcing and free
software, and therefore we should stick to it.

I would appreciate comments, suggestions - especially critics / negative
comments are highly welcome.

Regards,
Horst