Re: LICENSE of Adobe CMap files.

[ I'm not subscribed to this list, so please Cc: me. Thanks. ]

At Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:35:35 +0000,
Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:

> Before wasting any time on that, find out why you might need
> permission to use the files. Which law in your country, or some other
> country, might prevent you from using the files without Adobe's
> permission?

Well, i've heard that according to the International Copyright Law(or
something like that), nothing is permitted unless explicitly declared
as permitted in a license. And debianizing and redistributing something
that is not permitted to use sounds nonsense.

BTW i've also heard that Japanese copyright law declares the use of
something is not prevented even if the permittion to use is not
mentioned.

Only i'm interested in is not changing the license, but redistributing them
through Debian (non-free, perhaps) ftp mirrors. If there's no problem about
redistributing them, i'll go ahead.

Regards,

--
Yasuhiro TAKE <take@debian.org> / Debian Project

	"I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all."