Re: outside USA

giulio <g.mazzolini@tiscalinet.it> writes:

>  Since my works could go every where in the world, in any country
> speaking any language, is the English GPL text of any validity outside
> non English speaking countries?

I believe the answer is "yes".

You should not translate the GPL except in close cooperating with the
FSF's attorneys.  The problem is that the following diagrame does not
commute:

American legal document		->	Italian legal document

         |					|
         v					v

Legal goals in context of		Legal goals in context of
American law			->      Italian law

So translating is not just a matter of translating the sentencs one by
one; it must be done by an expert in Italian and American law too.

You can go ahead and use the English text; if you want an Italian
text, talk to the FSF.