Re: GNU License and Computer Break Ins

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 10:28:45AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Let me understand this...  You are a Debian developer?
>
> And you have openly hostile feelings for the GPL,
[...]
> Seems like the new maintainer fonecall wasn't very effective.

I don't think sanguine emotions about the GPL need be criteria for
admission as a Debian developer.

There are plenty of people who dislike the GPL and yet make valuable
contributions to the free software community.

I agree that Paul Serice doesn't really appear to "get it" in general vis a
vis free software (or is just being a destructive troll), but I don't think
that prospective developers need to swear fealty to any particular license;
just so long as they agree with the principles of free software generally
and uphold them in their work for Debian.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    "Why do we have to hide from the police,
Debian GNU/Linux               |    Daddy?"