Re: GNU License and Computer Break Ins

On 14-May-00, 00:08 (CDT), Paul Serice <serice@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > No. You get the right (not the duty) to let people get copies from
> > you.
>
> So, if I make modifications to the source, you're saying that I have
> the right to redistribute and no duty to do so?

Absolutely. The GPL rule is that *if* you want to distribute your
modifications, you must make the source available. If you only modify
for personal use, you are under no obligation to distribute.

There are some debatable issues about what constitutes "distribution"
(e.g. inside a company), of course.

Steve