Re: GNU License and Computer Break Ins

Scripsit Paul Serice <serice@bigfoot.com>

> But what about people who aren't authorized to use my computer?

They are not authorized to use your computer. That has nothing to
do with copyright licenses.

> Apparently, by using DDD, I agree to let all people get copies of DDD
> without asking me first.

No. You get the right (not the duty) to let people get copies from
you.

>       What is not allowed is to try to prevent others from further
>       sharing any version of DDD that they might get from you.

> Because I specifically prevent access to my computer, I have obviously
> also "prevent[ed] others from further sharing any version of DDD that
> they might get from [me]."

No, you are preventing *yourself* from sharing your copy with others.
That is allowed.

--
Henning Makholm                    "It's kind of scary. Win a revolution and
                                a bunch of lawyers pop out of the woodwork."