Re: AT&T source code agreement

> The freedoms required by Debian include the freedom for someone to
> set up a consultancy business and deliver custom-modified versions
> of any Debian component to his customers .. without having to take
> any other action to enable them to perform that action legally.

Yes, if "delivering custom-modified" software includes sharing source code
with customers, the AT&T Source Code Agreement further requires sharing
the patches with AT&T.  If you keep the patches private my reading of the
AT&T license is that you can still redistribute binaries.  I just realized
this
to my slight surprise and amusement.

But doesn't the GPL also require the sharing of source code?

Why is the GPL good and the AT&T license not?

Stephen