Re: AT&T source code agreement

Hello debian-legal

I got this from someone at AT&T.

I'm a little busy today and tomorrow, but perhaps someone other on the
list would care to write a reply explaining why we think their CYA
clauses invalidate the licence's freedom and how they could CYA just
as well without doing so.

Stephen: The Debian Free Software Guidelines are at the *bottom* of
    http://www.debian.org/social_contract
but I'd be inclined to think that the issues we're concerned about
here are not very apparent from the letter of the DFSG.

Side note: We really need an annotated list of Frequently Made
Mistakes somewhere on www.debian.org. No, I'm not volunteering for
editor (that ought to be a registered developer with the necessary
access to the server) but on a quieter day I'd be willing to help
writing explanations (or digging through the list archives for
well-written explanations).

--
Henning Makholm