Re: Why Debian's webpages aren't DFGS-free ?

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 03:28:29PM +0100, Per Lundberg wrote:
>     >> That's not what I said. They are art. Art doesn't have "source
>     >> code" in the same way as software.
>     TW> Perl programs doesn't have source code either.
>
> Yes they have. There are even Perl compilers.

This is rather translator of perl to obfuscated-C.
And sed and awk programs are source code, because there
are s2p and a2p, aren't they ?

>     TW> And web pages have source code : HTML.
>
> HTML is not the source code. If you generate the HTML pages from SGML
> input, that's source code.

>From GPL :
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
making modifications to it.

If someone prefers writing webpages in HTML, then HTML is source code
You can compile it to gtkdisplay, postscript or plaintext, for example,
you usually don't look at html when you look at page, but on one
of above compilations.