Re: Uploaded mirror 2.9-13slink15 (source all) to master

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 11:25:19AM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 edd@debian.org wrote:
> >    * Adopt potato postinst which applies patches at installation time to be
> >      in line with somewhat peculiar mirror license.
> I don't want to be nitpick, but if patches have to be applied at
> installation time, then it's non-free.
> Am I missing anything?

If the software has a patch clause, we require that modified binaries can be
distributed. But this particular package doesn't have any binaries because
it's a perl script.

While I find licenses with patch clauses odious, they fall within the limits
of the DFSG.

Brian Ristuccia