Re: From Corel on the EULA

In article <[🔎] E11tlac-00005p-00@washu>,
Zygo Blaxell  <zblaxell@washu.furryterror.org> wrote:
>Signed message created at Fri Dec  3 00:49:02 1999 by zblaxell@washu
>
>------------=_944200141-356-0
>
>In debian.devel.legal, you wrote:
>>> --=3D20
>>> The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do n=
>o=3D
>>> t send
>>> private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of=
> =3D
>>> mail=3D20
>>> to mailing lists are OK.  Problem reports to "postmaster@umail.corel.com=
>"=3D
>>> . =3D20
>>> The poster's email address is "erichf@corel.ca".
>>
>>Why are you using a fake email address in your headers?
>
>I wrote the gateway software in question, and that disclaimer.
>I'd welcome suggestions about better ways to express the situation,
>which I'll describe in some detail below.
>
>Erich's answer was...interesting...but as usual, not entirely complete

As usual... hmmmm... lovely choice of words.

>or accurate.  Ahem.  I don't recall writing any thread reorganization
>software, for one thing.  It's amazing how only a dozen lines of code
>with the simplest design I can think of is nearly impossible for people
>to understand...

Tisk tisk.

>Corel has approximately 400 mailing lists subscribed to an internal
>news/mail gateway that I wrote (the NNTP server is 'sn' by Harold Sn,
>somewhere in Singapore IIRC, the SMTP server is 'exim', and the stuff
>that goes between the two and makes it into a gateway is mine).  The
>header rewrite solves a number of problems:

<snip>

Ahem. Well. Dear? Is it not true that you do NOT touch the Reply-To
headers? Why do you don't tell those corel dweebs and co. to use it?

Amy
--
"We Suzaku Seishi aren't smart enough to give up!!!"  Tasuki (Fushigi Yuugi)

              Amy Fong (afong@furryterror.org)