Re: Corel's apt frontend

On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 01:12:42PM -0700, Bruce J. Perens wrote:
> (scrawling on the screen of my Palm-Pilot)
>
> DO NOT LGPL, that would let them make the front-end non-free. Qt
> exception is fine.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.  Is there a form of non-free they
could get away with that wouldn't force them to pay royalties to Troll
Tech, though?  If not, I hardly see them creating a new, unforseen expense
for themselves at this stage.

It is ultimately Jason's decision, though.  He could decide to do neither
and leave Corel in a nice big quandary.  :)

Yeah, that's it, if Jason plays Mr. Stubborn, Corel will HAVE to go to
Troll Tech AS and try to get them to dual-license Qt under the GPL as well.
Surely there is someone at TT who can be bargained, threatened or bought
into submission.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   Mob rule isn't any prettier just because