Re: Corel's apt frontend

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 01:12:42PM -0700, Bruce J. Perens wrote:
> > (scrawling on the screen of my Palm-Pilot)
> >
> > DO NOT LGPL, that would let them make the front-end non-free. Qt
> > exception is fine.
>
> Good point, I hadn't thought of that.  Is there a form of non-free they
> could get away with that wouldn't force them to pay royalties to Troll
> Tech, though?  If not, I hardly see them creating a new, unforseen expense
> for themselves at this stage.

They actually did email me, so we can do something now.. I said I'd add an
exclusion for QT/QPL or something - but I really don't know what a
practical wording for such an exclusion would be.

Could someone cook one up? Remember they are also linking to KDE libs and
I'm not keen on just a blanket 'anything called QT' statement either..

Jason