Re: SSH never free

    >     Does the GPL allow redistribution of deriviate works under
    >     a license with a "rename if certain changes are made" clause?
    >=20
    > No, it does not.

    Out of curiosity, why not?

Because it is a restriction that is not in the GPL.
It therefore conflicts with the GPL's requirement that the
combined work must be licensed as a whole under the GNU GPL.

However, it occurs to me that there may be a way around this.  It
seems to me that once you make a modified version and rename it, the
requirement is exhausted.  Further modifications will not require
repeated renamings.  Therefore, you can link the modified version with
GPL-covered package!