Re: The APSL and Export Controls

According to Raul Miller:
> The problem is that if anyone bases their decision based on Open Source
> certification they'll find themselves up a creek when they hit the
> license revocation conditions.  If they can hit those conditions without
> doing anything unreasonable, they've had their trust betrayed.

The OSI retains the privilege to decide which licenses meet the OSD in
our best judgement.  Something that expires the next day isn't going
to pass, because it clearly opposes the OSD's intent.

This isn't at all the same as a provision that's irksome but true to
the ideal of openness, a la BSD's advertising or Apple's reporting.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."