Re: The APSL and Export Controls

Chip Salzenberg <chip@perlsupport.com> wrote:
> Is it 'Open Source'?  The OSD says it is.

Hrm.. maybe I didn't understand your response to my point about
revocation clauses then:

Take the case of some Open Source software which automatically expires
one day after download from the official site.  Now, obviously very
few developers are going to want to have anything to do with this piece
of software.  But, let's say that there's a Big Name distributing this
stuff -- they've got their own developers so no big problem to Big Name.

The problem is that if anyone bases their decision based on Open Source
certification they'll find themselves up a creek when they hit the
license revocation conditions.  If they can hit those conditions without
doing anything unreasonable, they've had their trust betrayed.

--
Raul