New Copyleft License

Matthew Parry <mettw@bowerbird.com.au> wrote in comp.os.linux.announce:

                          New Copyleft License
                          ====================

  Bowerbird Computing has released version 1.0 of the New Copyleft License
  (NCL).  This license is intended for programmers working on projects
  that do not lend themselves to offering consulting services (such as
  home user programes like games, genealogy programmes etc).

  Hobby programmers and those able to offer consulting services should
  use the GNU GPL/LGPL instead, as the code in NCL'ed works is not available
  to GPL programmers untill two years after the release of the code.  The
  code is available for use, it just has to be licensed under the
  NCL for the first two years, after which time the NCL expires and the
  programme is then licensed to the user under the terms of the GNU
  GPL/LGPL.

  For a full copy of the license see:

  http://www.bowerbird.com.au/NCL

  --

  Matthew Parry
  <mettw@bowerbird.com.au>

I haven't read the license but it might be wise to know if we can
consider it DFSG free or not before the first package using it arrives.
It may be also a good idea to set up a web page that describes why
we don't consider it as DFSG free if we don't do, so maintainers
can point to that address.

Regards,

	Joey

--
No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book