Re: Mgetty should be in non-free?

Brian Ristuccia writes:
> I see "sell X" used pretty commonly as "sell X and all rights associated
> with X." If what you described was the only common usage, headlines like
> "Adobe buys GoLive" or the theoretical "Be, Inc. Buys Microsoft Windows"
> would make for pretty boring news articles.

But I didn't say it was the only common usage.  In fact I mentioned that
authors say such things as "I sold my book to Doubleday".  Which meaning is
intended is clear from context.

> Since selling a home transfers the rights to live in that home, and the
> right to sell it again in the future, it's not like this is a foriegn
> concept for most people.

A home is an object.  You buy it, you get to use it and resell it.  A book
is an object.  You buy it, you get to use it and resell it.

> This is also why bestsellers say "Over 500,000,000 copies sold!" on the
> back cover,...

Or just "Over 500,000,000 sold!".
--
John Hasler