Re: Mgetty should be in non-free?

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> ---
> You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and
> you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
> --

> This is the only mention of fees in the main portion of the text.  Since
> it doesn't give permission to sell,

What is the difference between "charge a fee for the physical act of
transferring a copy" and "sell a copy"?

I can choose to give you a copy of, say, gcc. I can choose not to. I
can promise you that I'll choose to give you a copy if you give me
money in return. Am I not then selling a copy?

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm