Re: Mgetty should be in non-free?

Brian Ristuccia <brianr@osiris.978.org> writes:

> > What is the difference between "charge a fee for the physical act of
> > transferring a copy" and "sell a copy"?

> To sell a copy is to give the recipient all rights to the software.

An interesting interpretation. This would mean the Microsoft are not
selling copies of Windows, nor is the bookstore around the corner
selling copies of any novels.

I think we should better stick to the standard notion that a "copy" is
a physical medium containing a representation of the work, and "selling
a copy" means transfering ownership of said physical medium in exchange
for payment.

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm