Re: Zope license

Anthony Fok writes:

> Does "No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor" means that a license
> cannot restrict someone from using the program in immoral...

Whose "immoral"?  I do not consider pornography immoral, and I consider
nuclear power a positive good.  Others feel the opposite about one or both.

> ...illegal...

Such as exporting cryptography, for example?  Violating software patents?
What country's laws are you going to enforce?

> ...criminal...

Let the police and the courts do their job.  You aren't going to prevent
any crimes with a license clause.

> For example, I definitely would not want anyone using Free Software/Open
> Source Software to make nuclear or biochemical weapons, to kill people,
> to commit fraud, etc.

And you are going to stop governments, terrorists, and swindlers with a few
words in a copyright file.  Right.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)