Re: Zope license

On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 10:30:22PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> A 'field of endeavour' is something orthogonal to that.  For example,
> manufacturing weapons.  Selling slaves.  Making hamburgers.

Thanks for raising this point!  I have questions with Clause 6 too.  Does
"No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor" means that a license cannot
restrict someone from using the program in immoral/illegal/criminal
activities?  For example, I definitely would not want anyone using Free
Software/Open Source Software to make nuclear or biochemical weapons,
to kill people, to commit fraud, etc.

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada