Re: [mool@oce.nl: Re: Debian license (was: GTK)]

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:
> The villain may chose not to offer subsequent versions to the leaking
> party. Once that has happened a couple of times users will know how
> they'd better behave...

I find it hard to imagine someone with the creative talent to sustain
this kind of release pattern, and the contradictory goals to want to
release some kind of proprietary/free software.  Sure, I guess it
could happen, but the easiest solution is just for someone else to
write better code.

The high quality of free [libre] software depends directly on wide
distribution.  Constrained distribution isn't likely to be as good.

--
Raul