Re: [mool@oce.nl: Re: Debian license (was: GTK)]

Wichert Akkerman translates:
> The purpose if the text is to prohibit anyone from distributing (or even
> selling a modified version, without showing me publically the source.

> A possible solution would be to do this in two parts:
> "When the maintainer asks for it (in any way), you must send him a copy",
> which forces people who are trying to show off a enhanced version of vim
> to give me the source, when I find out. If I don't find out it will
> probably not be important.

Why not "You must offer the source (at no extra charge) to anyone who
receives a binary from you"?  That way the source will be readily available
for any version that gets any significant distribution.  You then don't
have to track down the author of the modified version: anyone distributing
it will do.  Just get a binary from them and then demand your source (if it
isn't included).
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)