Re: can't get Iceweasel to work on my laptop

The laptop connects directly to the internet without any additional program  (unless it doesn't).  I don't have any internet service on my cellphone.  I tried it, before I got the laptop, but it was so slow, everything always timed out.

The only browser the laptop has is Iceweasel.  I tried to download Firefox, but could not install it.  It kept asking for the root.
From: Hannu Virtanen <hannu_markus_virtanen@yahoo.com>
To: tina braxton <tinabraxton@yahoo.com>; Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com>; "debian-laptop@lists.debian.org" <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: can't get Iceweasel to work on my laptop

hello,

please tell, which program you are using
to connect the laptop in the net.

or is it automatically connected after you boot it?

have you tried other browsers besides iceweasel?

with best,

-hv

p.s. i'm myself using about 8 years old hp laptop and a sony ericsson mobile phone to connect the laptop into the net.   the program used is wvdial.