Re: Upgrading Lenny to Squeeze

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Nikolay Bitsadze <nikobit@gmail.com> wrote:
Seems like the only way to do things right is clean install? Learned from other people's mistakes.

 # tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | grep created
 Filesystem created:       Sat Feb 14 01:21:42 2009
On a desktop this was my experimental box I would say probably not needed to reinstall.
I have upgraded/dowgraded and broken it more that I can remember.  I normally don't do a distribution upgrade. Just change the sources list. I did that for squeeze and only noticed improvements. No problems. Same with my laptop before it burned up.
Robert