PCMCIA Does Not Work Dell Latitude C510/C610 with Lenny

Hello All,

I am currently running Lenny on a Dell C510/C610 laptop. When I insert a wireless PCMCIA card into the unit nothing happens.

I issue the command:  pccardctl status    and it indicates that no cards are inserted. lspci does not see the card.
I was able to see the card with Windows 2000.

I tried various versions of the kernel, cheat codes such as pci=assign-busses ..., and nothing.

I am not a Linux expert, so I am hoping to find a little guidance on troubleshooting this problem.

What data should I collect? What configuration files control yenta?

Thanks in advance for the help.
John