Re: PCMCIA Does Not Work Dell Latitude C510/C610 with Lenny

Hi, try "HOTPLUG"

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM, John Medrano <john.d.medrano@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,
I am currently running Lenny on a Dell C510/C610 laptop. When I insert a wireless PCMCIA card into the unit nothing happens.
I issue the command:  pccardctl status    and it indicates that no cards are inserted. lspci does not see the card.
I was able to see the card with Windows 2000.
I tried various versions of the kernel, cheat codes such as pci=assign-busses ..., and nothing.
I am not a Linux expert, so I am hoping to find a little guidance on troubleshooting this problem.
What data should I collect? What configuration files control yenta?
Thanks in advance for the help.