Re: what laptop to buy - suggestion for Debian project developers

> So, it appears that, in Western Australia, neither laptop computers, nor
> desktop computers, are available, that are new, that are compatible with
> Linux, and that are reasonably priced (under 1100 AUD), and that can do what
> I want (including 1240x1024 graphics resolution).

Don't about Western Australia, but there are nowadays some computers you
can buy which come natively with support for GNU/Linux.
Other than Dell, I'll mention the Lemote machines (hard to get outside
of China, tho, in my experience), the Fit-PC2, the TouchBook, ...

        Stefan