Re: what laptop to buy - suggestion for Debian project developers

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:51:47 +0800 (WST)
Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> wrote:

> So, I am stick with my NX5000, with a Celeron and 2GB RAM, and, my
> desktop with (from memory) an AMD K7 and 2GB RAM, and frequent crashes
> (every day or so), due to running out of memory, due to web browsers
> (the Mozilla based ones) not working properly.

I'm curious about your trouble.  My system has a Celeron M 420, and I
ran IW on it very happily for a year or two with only the base 512MB.
I now have an upgraded 2GB, but even previously I don't recall ever
seeing memory related crashes.

Celejar