Re: Re: Suspend/Reboot issues on a Pavilion dv5 laptop

Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
> I actually installed Kubuntu 9.10 to give the new KDE a try.  It was
> then that I realized the new kernel in Kubuntu does a better job so I
> reinstalled Lenny (I always return to Debian) with the newer kernel.  In
> Kubuntu it worked very well out of box so this mush be software issue.

Just for the purpose of trying different kernels you might try loading
up Sid.  Sid currently has the 2.6.32 kernel, versus the 2.6.26
version in Lenny.  And there is the in between 2.6.30 in Squeeze.
Perhaps one of the variety available will solve the problem?  Just
hoping...

Bob