Re: Touchpad middle-click

Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen wrote:
>>> I hit the same thing yesterday, i didn't know the synaptics driverwas
>>> removed - but that would certainly explain the problem.
>>> I did this to fix it, restart X and hal afterwards:
>> http://www.felipe-alfaro.org/blog/2008/10/11/scrolling-with-the-thinkpads-trackpoint-in-ubuntu-810-intrepid/
>> Unfortunately that didn't work for me. Any other ideas?? In any cause I
>> think a bug report should be made. The problem probably exists in all
>> synaptics users so if someone installs squeeze he won't be able to use
>> his touchpad properly. Do you agree?
> Absolutely, i would have reported the bug, but i didn't know which
> package to report it on.
> Is it HAL, X or the synaptics package which is at fault?

Well as someone already said, the driver wasn't removed. So two things
remain hal and X. The problem in my case showed up when I installed the
X server updates. So maybe we should report the bug on the xserver
package?? :S

I think it's ok to post in xserver, although it may be wrong. Someone
with better knowledge will respond and merge/move it.

Hope someone can help me fix this cause it's really annoying :(