Re: VM Ware Player under Debian Lenny AMD64 on laptop

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 12:06:42AM +0400, James Brown wrote:
>
>> And hear http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27253 they wrote that
>> T5500 supportes VT
>> Are they, intel team, idiots, if they write one in one place, and
>> another - in another place?!
>>

> It just means that their confusion plan is working.  Perhaps too well.
>
> Based on what I found, only stepping 2 had VT on the T5500.  The other
> T5500 steppings do not.  Apparently the intent was for all T5500s to
> not have VT, although the link you provided certainly disagrees with that.

I received an answer from the technical support of the Acer, they
informed me that in all laptops of Acer didn't turn on the vt-support
independently of CPU supporting. They write that becouse that  it is
impossible to turn on it in the BIOS.
Are they idiots?!