Re: VM Ware Player under Debian Lenny AMD64 on laptop

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 04:57:01AM +0400, James Brown wrote:
> I received an answer from the technical support of the Acer, they
> informed me that in all laptops of Acer didn't turn on the vt-support
> independently of CPU supporting. They write that becouse that  it is
> impossible to turn on it in the BIOS.
> Are they idiots?!

Well somewhat.  They apparently decided it wasn't a feature worth
supporting.  So yes if they don't support it in the BIOS, then it doens't
matter what the CPU can do, since the BIOS has to enable it.

VT works fine on my thinkpad SL500.  Lenovo thinks it is a feature
people want.

--
Len Sorensen