The Acer's notebooks don't suppot vt at all

When I tried to install and to rum the kvm on my Acer TravelMate3043WTMi
(under Debian Lenny AMD64) the system told me that I needed to have
vt-support in my CPU and/or enable it in my BIOS.
I tried to find whether my CPU Intel T5500 supported this feature or not
I didn't resolve this matter becouse in some pages of the Intel site
written that "yes" and in some another - "no".
Some people told me here that from their practical experience not all
CPU Intel T5500 supports this feeature, perhaps only T5500 stepping 2.
I emailed to the Acer technical support asking whether my CPU suppots vt
or not and they answered me that all Acer's notebook don't support this
feature independently from CPU's supporting and it is impossible to
enable this function in the Acer's notebooks BIOSes.